The Ideal Support Department receives several calls about connectivity issues with EDN/EConnect. Many of these calls can be solved by unsubscribing and re-subscribing the vendor on SnapOn’s Subscription site.
Here are steps on how to do so:
1. There is one computer in your network that has the Ideal Assistant or EDI interface. It looks like an Ideal icon that is in your taskbar. Right-click it and click on Subscribe. This will open up the URL to the SnapOn subscription site.
2. Your username and password will both be either your business phone number or your vendor dealer number.
3. Once you sign in, it should take you right to the Current Subscriptions page. Take note and write down the Vendor Code and the Account number. The Vendor code is case-sensitive.
4. To unsubscribe, click on the top Remove for that vendor.
5. To re-subscribe, click on Add New Subscription.
6. Choose the Vendor by clicking on the blue link below their logo and click Integrated DMS.
7. Type in the Vendor Code. This should match the SupplierID EXACTLY how it is displayed in Ideal (all caps). Type in your dealer number and press Save.
**NOTE: For Kawasaki, you will have to enter the Vendor Code, Dealer Number, Password (same as your dealer number), and Subscription type, which is ‘R’ (for regular). Also state whether you allow dropship or not.**
8. Now it is time to test the interface. Go into Ideal and find an existing PO. Most EConnect interfaces have a Parts Availability. There is a couple that do not such as Toro and Pacific Stihl. If you get a response, you are good to go.
If you are still having issues, take note of which Vendors are not working and call Ideal Support at 800-737-1620, or SnapOn tech support at 800-709-7773 and select Option #1.