Complete Outdoor Power Equipment Dealer Software
The only dealership management system made by OPE dealers, for OPE dealers.
30+ years of industry experience
96% of dealers have never switched from Ideal
As seen in:
OPE Manufacturer Partnerships:
Automate Your OPE Dealership Operations
Ideal Mobile App
Sales & Invoicing
- Automatically send all your AR, AP and Inventory journal entries to QuickBooks – as soon as they are posted to Ideal.
- Generate bills for vendors in QuickBooks each time you finalize supplier invoices.
Tim Goff, General Manager at Goff’s Equipment Services, Inc.
We’ve been growing with Ideal, adding users. My staff really likes it because it makes life so much easier for them. It’s easy to keep track of inventory customer history and the speed of it has been fantastic.Read the full story
Bob Haight, Owner of Haight’s Mobile Maintenance
You don’t really notice a difference going from your own server to Ideal’s. It takes me less time because I don’t have to remember to restart the server weekly, do the updates, any of that. It frees me up to do other things.Read the full story
Vince Borgdorff, Owner of WPE Landscape Equipment
When we looked at Ideal, one of the very attractive things was that Ideal handles work orders very smoothly. The color coding matches the color tags in Bob Clements’ work order system.Read the full story
Lane Goodman, Triple C Sales
Our customers love that when a Work Order is done or when parts arrive, we text them. They respond better, it’s less invasive, they don’t have to have a phone go off in a meeting. They can get the information with a glance. That’s been really helpful for us, and it takes less time.Read the full story
Adam Leckler, General Manager at Leckler’s Inc.
Ideal helps you make better decisions. To be able to, one; drive down cost, two; increase sales. Basically, to move toward the next level in the ever-changing retail environment.Read the full story
Clete Miler, General Manager at Preferred Turf Equipment
Ease of use is probably the number one thing—customer-friendly, employee-friendly. Inventory adjustments are easy. Inventory control is easy. I think Ideal has all that. It’s a good system.Read the full story
Dealerships are busy places. Ideal helps you control the chaos.
Lessen the impact of supply chain disruptions
- Purchase parts for less by sourcing them from other dealers in your area
- Locate used and hard-to-find parts
- Liquidate old stock by making it available to other dealerships
Don’t leave parts revenue on the table
- Never miss a manufacturer price list update
- Know with confidence that your profit margins are being met
Safeguard your system against cyberattacks
- Protect your data within a highly secure environment, maintained by a team of network security experts
- Significantly reduce the time and money it takes to maintain your business system by letting Ideal handle it for you
Put an end to phone tag at your dealership
- Communicate with customers using text messaging
- Send targeted promotions that work
- Offer text-to-pay convenience
See a Demo
Take our online product tour to see first-hand how Ideal can help you run your dealership more efficiently.See a Demo
Get a Quote
Find out which payment option fits your budget best: Traditional Purchase or Financing.Get a Quote
Your Trusted Partner, Offering First-Hand OPE Dealership Experience
Outdoor Power Equipment Business Software Frequently Asked Questions
What three numbers, by department, do I need to be looking at the inside of my dealership?
- Recovery Rate for Department = Total Billed Hours / Total Paid Hours
- Tech Efficiency = Billed Hours / Actual Time Clocked On the Work Order
- Average Completion Time for Shop = Total Completed Work Orders / Total Actual Time
- Fill Rate Out of Stocking Inventory = Total Parts Sold – Lost Sales, Special Orders, and Emergency Orders / Total Parts Sold Goal: 85 percent to 90 percent
- Average Transaction Time = Start-to-Finish Time with a Counter Customer
- Parts Margins
- Average Sales per Salesperson = Total Sales / Number of Salespeople
- Touches per Salesperson = Minimum of Twenty per Day
- Closing Ratio = Customer Quotes / Sales Transactions
Where should I start after I put software in my dealership?
How should I respond to the current inventory situation?
- Hold those margins: Don’t only hold the margins, but raise the margins on your units. Most of the dealers we are working with are adding an extra 3-5% margin onto their units in stock.
- Let your customers know that you may not get more: One of the most powerful things you can do to maintain customer loyalty is be honest about the current situation. Letting them know that if they are thinking about getting a unit, now is the time to decide.
- Maximize parts and service: Having a conversation with customers about doing annual or bi-annual maintenance on their units to keep them in peak performance is more critical than ever. This keeps them up and running and allows you to have fantastic revenue.
How much money should I be spending on marketing?
Will you be able to convert the data from my current system into Ideal?
How can I increase my profit margins to make up for the rise of inflation?
Is it worth having integration with a credit card provider and who do you use?
- We are currently integrating with GravityPayments, which used to be known as ChargeItPro. They are a leader in the industry & very well known.
- Perks of integrating within your DMS are fewer clerical errors when your staff is doing end-of-day, monthly reconciliations, and more.
- There is no charge for a conversation to see what rates they can offer you and possibly beat what you are getting now from your current service provider.
- Sure, we always want to help and shop locally but at the end of the day when it comes down to business, credit card charges aren’t going anywhere, and we need to make sure it’s as affordable as possible to keep margins maximized.